Saturday, March 6, 2010

Song of the Week 3/1

I have had many little music obsessions in the past, and I am happy to announce that Flyleaf has been added to the list....Im so mad. I actually wrote this post last night but it got erased so I forgot everything I wanted to say...Ok I remember a little! :) But first the song. This week's song is............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I'm So Sick. Its really great and although it has a heavy sound (think wicked guitar riffs and screaming) I think that the fact that Lacey Mosley, the lead singer, is a girl, that it adds a little softness and kind of a balance. This song would probably fall under the gebre of screamo and may be described as emo but then, I havn't exactly been feeling like rainbows and butterflies either. This song says a lot; heres my favorite line:

This invasion
makes me feel
worthless hopeless
sick

Pretty sick right (no pun intended). This song may bring out some unwanted feelings but, in my case, it has sort of a calming affect too. So many mixed emtions!!!! That's music for ya though :)


No comments:

Post a Comment