Sunday, February 28, 2010

Song of the Week 2/22

Paramore is filling up the spaces in my room, it's Playing God from their new album Brand New Eyes. As I have said before, I am faithfully and happily married to Incubus, but I am REALLY loving Flyleaf right now. Flyleaf is an American rock band from Texas. Some of you may remember their single All Around Me from their self titled debut album. This weeks song is from their second album, Memento Mori, which is a latin phrase meaning "be mindful of death" or my personal favorite "remember you will die". What a happy title!!!!!! Here's the song..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................This Close! I discovered it when my best friend posted this as her facebook status: "I've been looking through your window, I've been dressing in your clothes. I've been walking dead, watching you....long enough to know I can't go on. ♥ ♥ Flyleaf, your lyrics touch me. ♥ ". This caught my eye so I decided to download the song. Lacey Mosley starts off this song with a dream that she was dead but she pretended that she still lived. Its a little confusing but when she sings about looking in your window and all that, I think she means that, by beaing dead and intruding on this person, she's never felt so close to them before. I dont know, maybe lyrically amused can help me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment